Are you buying a pool? Having your pool serviced? Be prepared when you visit your local APSP member professional by having pool questions such as those below ready to ask.
Pool Questions - Buying:
- What are the steps in the process to design a swimming pool? How do you work with your clients to help them achieve the right design?
- Are you and/or your employees APSP Certified?
- Is your company educated on the latest energyefficiency technology and products on the market?
- Does your company pull all of the necessary permits for the work to be performed?
- What licenses does your company hold and how do they relate to the swimming pool industry?
- Does your company adhere to industry best practices and APSP/ANSI standards?
- Do your technicians have certifications from manufacturers for individual products and are you authorized by manufacturers to provide warranty service on various products?
- What are your insurance limits and do you provide proof of insurance?
- How are warranty claims handled?
- Who will provide service and support after your work is complete?
Pool Questions - Servicing:
- Is the company licensed, insured, and bonded?
- What APSP Certifications do the employees hold?
- Do the employees participate in annual continuing education? Are employees educated on current energy efficient technology and products?
- Are the technicians APSP Certified and certified by manufacturers to work on or with individual products?
- Is the company an official and authorized warranty service center for the products it sells?
- Do they work on existing equipment that was not installed by their company?
- How will I know that the employee has tested the water and made adjustments?
- Are the employees uniformed? How will I recognize them to be employees?
- Will the company install equipment that I buy online? Will any equipment or products bought online be covered by a warranty?
- Will employees dispose of waste products off-site?